Manufacturing of construction products is undertaken by MJC Industries Sdn Bhd (“MJCI”) and MJC Precast Sdn Bhd (“MJCP”).
MJCP produces ready-mixed concrete from its plant located in Ijok, Selangor. It has a large fleet of mixer trucks to cater for in-house demand as well as supply to other contractors.
MJCP manufactures various precast concrete products. The main pre-cast concrete products produced by MJCP are pre-tensioned and post-tensioned prestressed concrete beams.
MJCP’s main precast factory and casting facilities is situated on a 20 acre piece of land located in Ijok, Batang Berjuntai, Selangor. It is an all-weather casting yard with steam curing concrete batching facilities to manufacture various precast pre-stressed concrete bridge beams. The storage capacity is about 400 beams depending on the type of beams.
The existing annual production capacity at the Ijok casting yard is 135,000 metric tons. MJCP is capable of producing pre-tensioned prestressing concrete beams, with a self-weight of up to 90 metric tons per beam. The stressing capacity for the new lines is capable of stressing to a maximum force of 1,500 metric tons per beam.
Besides the factory’s production, MJCP is also equipped with off factory facilities for casting of concrete products at project sites, such as the post-tensioned prestressed bridge beam with the unit weight of up to 150 metric tons each. The existing off factory production facilities, which is made up of 3 project teams are capable of producing 40,000 metric tons of precast concrete products per year.
The main features of our Factory are:
- Covered casting yard to ensure consistent quality control and fast production rate.
- Two (2) units of electric overhead travelling cranes to ensure jerk free to the bridge beams and thus avoid damage to the bridge beams during lifting/loading etc.
- Steam boiler to ensure minimum cycle time and hence maximise production rate for fast delivery.
- Large stacking yard and located in 15 acres of land.
Advantages of using Precast prestressed bridge beams:
- High quality concrete product i.e. Factory produced.
- Minimise overall construction period of project as bridge beams at factory and work at site (piling / crosshead / abutments) are progressing simultaneously.
- Ease of method of construction as precast bridge beams are manufactured at the factory, transported launched at site. No scaffolding / props / falsework are required over river or road with minimum disruption to traffic flow.