Mudajaya Group Berhad including its subsidiaries, affiliates, related and associated companies (collectively “MGB Group” and any reference to “we”, “us” or “our” shall include the MGB Group) respects the privacy and is committed to protection of your Personal Data (as defined below).
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Privacy Notice“) is intended to describe the manner in which MGB Group collects, handles and protects your Personal Data in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia (“Act”). MGB Group may from time to time amend or update this Privacy Notice without prior notice to you. You are advised to check our website on a regular basis for updates and amendments of the Privacy Notice. For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, “Personal Data” shall have the meaning as ascribed to it in the Act.
A. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- The MGB Group, whether directly or through our authorized agents and representatives, collects your Personal Data whether directly from you or indirectly from third parties such as our authorised agents, dealers or representatives, your legal representatives, credit reference agencies and/or your employer when you whether directly or through your legal representatives, agents and/or employers provide your Personal Data to the MGB Group in any manner in connection with any transaction (commercial or otherwise), the supply or proposed supply of products or services, arrangements and/or enquiries made with the MGB Group including when you send us completed enquiry, application and/or registration forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies at public venues or in any of our premises. Your Personal Data may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
B. DISCLOSURE OBLIGATIONS
- All Personal Data requested by MGB Group (where applicable) is required to be provided by you unless otherwise stated.
- Please note that in the event that the Personal Data supplied by you is not sufficient, or is otherwise not satisfactory to MGB Group then your application or request to MGB Group for any of the purposes set out in Paragraph C (1) below may not be accepted and/or processed.
C. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- By visiting MGB Group’s website and providing any of your Personal Data including but not limited to your name, gender, age, date of birth, nationality, identity card number, contact details including telephone number and email address, occupation, photograph, preferences, interests and/or other information relevant to the purposes as listed below to MGB Group via our website or otherwise, you hereby agree that MGB Group shall collect, process, use and retain your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to assess and process your application or commercial transaction;
- to establish your identity and background;
- to facilitate your participation in, and our administration of, any events including contests, promotions or campaigns;
- to administer and communicate with you in relation to our products, services and/or events;
- to administer and give effect to your commercial transaction;
- to process any payments related to your commercial transaction;
- to conduct credit reference checks and establish your credit worthiness, where necessary, in processing your commercial transaction;
- for insurance purposes;
- to operate our premises in a manner which is physically safe, secure and befitting of health and safety requirements;
- for internal investigations, compliance, audit or security purposes including without limitation for crime detection, prevention and prosecution;
- to conduct research for internal marketing analysis and analysis of customer patterns and choices;
- to better manage our business and your relationship with the MGB Group;
- to respond to your enquiries and to resolve any issues and disputes which may arise in connection with any dealings with the MGB Group;
- to protect or enforce our rights under any agreements which the MGB Group is a party to;
- to transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under any agreement entered into with the MGB Group;
- to comply with the MGB Group’s legal and regulatory obligations in the conduct of its business including to meet any disclosure requirements of any law binding upon the MGB Group;
- to contact you and/or provide you with information regarding our products, services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising, marketing and commercial materials which may be of interest to you;
- to ensure that the contents on our website are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or device;
- for the MGB Group’s internal records management; or
- for any other purpose that is required or permitted by any laws, regulations and guidelines including the requirements of any governmental or regulatory authorities.
D. TRANFERS AND DICLOSURE
- You further agree that MGB Group may disclose and transfer your Personal Data (whether in Malaysia or abroad) to MGB Group’s entities including related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, agents, contractors, consultants, partners, advertisers, network operators, any relevant financial institutions such as banks or other financial institutions, auditors, lawyers, company secretaries, information technology (IT) system / software vendors, Law enforcement agencies including courts, tribunals or authorities, whether governmental or quasi-governmental having jurisdiction over the MGB Group, relevant governmental agencies, statutory authorities , any persons, authorities or regulators to whom the MGB Group is permitted or required to disclose to under the laws of any country, any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to MGB Group, any referee whose details are provided by you and any of MGB Group’s actual or proposed assignees or transferees of MGB Group’s rights in respect of your Personal Data to use, disclose, hold, process, retain or transfer such Personal Data for the purposes set out in Paragraph C (1) above for and on behalf of MGB Group. MGB Group may use your Personal Data to send you promotional information about other third parties which we think you may find interesting. If you do not want to receive such information or for us to disclose, transfer or use your Personal Data for any of the purposes set out in Paragraph C (1) above, you may contact us in writing at the address set out in Paragraph G (2) below.
E. PROCESSING, RETENTION AND SECURITY
- Your Personal Data provided to us will be processed by entities (within or outside of Malaysia) within the MGB Group (including related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies and outsourcing partners).
- The MGB Group will ensure that:
- access to your Personal Data is restricted to authorised personnel who are required to process your Personal Data in accordance with their respective job requirements; and
- only necessary Personal Data is released to the relevant authorised personnel.
- MGB Group shall take all reasonable efforts and practical steps to ensure that any Personal Data held by MGB Group is kept up-to-date and is protected against any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- All Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by MGB Group as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes stated in Paragraph C (1) herein or is required to satisfy legal, regulatory and/or accounting requirements or to protect MGB Group’s interests.
- Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than the Personal Data sent to or posted on the our website, or any part thereof by you will be deemed to be voluntarily provided to MGB Group on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. MGB Group reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development, manufacture and marketing of products and services and to meet customer needs.
1. MGB Group’s website content may include or contain links to other third party websites. MGB Group is not responsible for the content on such linked third party websites nor the privacy practices of such linked third party websites. Users should observe the separate privacy policies applicable to the respective third party websites.
G. RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
1. The Act prescribes that you have the right of access to your Personal Data held by MGB Group on payment of a prescribed fee and to request correction of the Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date.
2. If you have any questions regarding MGB Group’s Privacy Notice or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or if you wish to correct your Personal Data or if you wish to withdraw your consent to MGB Group for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes set out in Paragraph C (1) above, or for the transfer of your Personal Data to the third parties as stated in Paragraph D above, you may send your request in writing at the following address or via email:
Name: Ms. Tilagavathai A/P. Subramaniam
Designation: Legal Manager
Tel: 03-7806 7899
Email Address: email@example.com
Fax: 03-7806 7900
3. In the event you wish to withdraw your consent to MGB Group for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes in Paragraph C (1) above, then MGB Group shall cease to process your Personal Data upon receiving the aforesaid withdrawal request wherein your application or request to MGB Group for any of the above purposes in Paragraph C (1) may be cancelled.
4. MGB Group reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
1. In the event of any conflict between this English language Privacy Notice and its corresponding Bahasa Malaysia Privacy Notice, the terms in this English language Privacy Notice shall prevail.